Welcome, friends and strangers. My name is Jamie, and I am very un-creatively starting my own version of Gretchen Rubin’s The Happiness Project.
Several months ago I was removed from a two year relationship and a fresh engagement. Needless to say, I was wrecked. However, because of the amazing friends and family I’ve managed to collect over the years, getting through the worst of it happened fairly quickly. From this experience, I recognized quite a few things in my life that I’d like to change. These ‘things’ range from stopping my random nail biting to showing more love for everyone around me to pondering spirituality. For now, I only have a rough list of areas in which I’d like to improve, but starting June 30th, I’ll be officially launching the project. That’s my 24th birthday, and it will span twelve months, ending on my 25th birthday next year. From this project, I am hoping to learn many things about myself and others and to emerge a more well-rounded individual capable of calmly handling daily stressors as well as larger life obstacles.
Before I officially kick the blog off in a few weeks, I will list my twelve resolutions. As each month comes up, I will outline my plan of attack for achieving ‘success’ in that category. For example, if July is 'get smarter,' then I will list out all the ways I intend on measurably doing so. Pretty simple.
This entry is just to set the stage. Feel free to follow this blog, or don’t. It’s really so I don’t bug my friends constantly on facebook, but I can still ramble to the Netizens of the world.
Much love,
Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment