This is going to be a constant battle, but I'm trying so hard. One of my commandments is to not make excuses, but it is seriously so hard to manage my time when the Navy steals it all. I'd love to spend hours in the evening cooking and researching recipes and reading books and talking to my family/friends and watching a movie. But instead, work demands that I be either in the office or in the air every day. We had one day off last week, so that was nice. And this upcoming week we may have one or two days off. It's very difficult to fight procrastination when I actually can't find the time to take care of basic household things.
Wahwahwahhh.
In actuality, life was pretty sweet this week. With my one day off, I completed my first triathlon, played ultimate frisbee with a local Okinawan team, went to a beach party, and then played ultimate again with a group of people on base... way past my bedtime. Now, don't be too impressed, the triathlon was an uber sprint- 200m swim, 5k bike, 1k run. I finished 4th overall out of 42 women. I had a great time, though. Then after ultimate practice, the team presented me with my new team jersey!! I wish I spoke Japanese so I could thank them thoroughly. I appreciate them letting me play on their team so much. They're full of good spirit, and they're extremely talented. Maybe one day I'll be able to express my gratitude fully.
Also, super sick- I started 'kicking the footbag' with my friend Josh. Yes, hacky sack. Tonight I was supposed to go to bed well over an hour ago... instead- footbag. I learned to stall and I got up to 10 hits in a row. When I get out of the Navy, I'm moving to Oregon to be a hippie. I'll kick footbag and play ultimate frisbee every day, all day. And ride my bike everywhere. Because cars are overrated.
Does this have anything to do with the project? No.
And here are some pictures:
![]() |
| Before the swim... obviously. |
![]() |
| Pre-race shot with Christine! |
![]() |
| Out of the water. Mid-blink! |
![]() |
| Excuse the haggard look. This was after the tri and practice. Getting my new jersey from Galvanic! |
I can say that this week I was happy amongst all the stress. Reviewing my resolutions every morning, listening to the song and reading the quote of the week, and meditating have done wonders for my consciousness to the surroundings. Most notably, it's helped me realize when I'm being ridiculous, sometimes even before I say anything hurtful. I still snap at work, but that may be exhaustion right now.
Regardless, this project has already started working magic in my brain.
If anything, it makes me think I'm happier.
Whatever it's doing, I'll let it keep doing it.
This month will be over in just a few days. When I get a second to breathe, I'll post my plan for next week!
-Jamie




No comments:
Post a Comment