Sunday, July 21, 2013

Look Into the Air

It's already been a week? Seems like it flew by, but it was full of some rough spots as well as beautiful moments.

Work was very tough this week. Not the job, because the job is enjoyable to me. It's the people. I had a revelation that while I do seek happiness in the form of social connections, it can also be the bringer of angry Jamie. When meditating every morning this week, I had to say to myself again and again that 'there is only love.' But as soon as someone did one slightly frustrating thing, it's like I ignored everything I'd been building for three weeks and I'd snap on that individual. Unfortunately, the poor individual getting most of the heat is someone I work closely with regularly. He's insanely patient with me, which is a great thing. He deserves much more credit than I spare him in the day. Closer to the end of the week, I was better about stopping to think before I said anything potentially offensive or negative to him, so maybe there was improvement. We'll see how this next week goes. Being angry towards someone doesn't make me feel good afterward. Period.

As far as procrastination... I'd say I'm better at dealing with things at the moment now than I was before, but only because I'm overly observant now. I suppose it's a good thing regardless. The task is still getting done. Heck, I almost didn't write this because I have to wake up at 2:30 a.m. tomorrow and it's already 7:30 p.m. This girl enjoys her sleep. Whatever, I couldn't put the blog off because it's a new week! And this is a task. Not a burden, just something I told myself I would do.

The beautiful moments from the past week include some incredibly delicious recipes I tried, I found a personal trainer for free, and I saw literally the most beautiful evening sky I'll probably ever see for the rest of my life. And that would be okay, because it was so stunning. I'll upload the photos just for fun, but I promise the sky one was so much more beautiful than a lens could capture.

Gorgeous sunset sky in Okinawa.

Breakfast carrot cake bars (no wheat/dairy)

Almond flour/coconut oil coated, baked, then broiled pork tenderloins


I'll leave you with this for the week. A lovely 11-minute talk on cloud watching. Enjoy, and have a great week!
-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment