Saturday, December 28, 2013

It's time.

Music by Maria Taylor.
(Note: Haven't had internet for a few days. I'm late, so I'll cover the past two weeks in this note.)

Buddhism. Maaaan, I had no idea...
So I read about Buddhism, and I guess you could say it really spoke to me. The basic concepts are so appealing, in a world full of greed and anger and jealousy and other strongly negative emotions. Following the principles of Buddhism is probably exactly what I need in my life right now. I'm going to try incorporating them into my daily life, though like all things, change can be hard. Read here for a quick breakdown of the religion.

Sikhism... what?!
After I read about Buddhism, I looked into Sikhism as the last religion to research this month. If I thought Buddhism was appealing, Sikhism took it to a new level. To be honest, I didn't know this religion existed - awkward. But in case you don't know, it's monotheistic and focuses essentially on being at peace with things in the world by seeking God in everyone and everything. "The three duties that a Sikh must carry out can be summed up in three words: Pray, Work, Give." It's so refreshingly... simple.


Now now, I won't be jumping on any bandwagons headed for the temple any time soon. I believe in God. What follows after that is just trying to lead a good life. But looking into these religions practiced worldwide has at least expanded my knowledge and opened my mind to possibilities.


I will continue to look into these two religions especially, even after the month is over... which it is, basically.
-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment