Monday, April 28, 2014

Crown on the ground.

Music by Sleigh Bells.

Oi! (Haven't been able to stop saying that since Australia poisoned my mind).
It's been way too long.

The project is almost over, which I am kind of looking forward to.

This month has gone exceptionally well though, at least as far as 'doing what I told myself I would do' goes. Every day, I've been diligent in learning something new. It's not hard to do though, when you're taking an anatomy/physiology class. Every day I end up shocked that I didn't know something so simple about the body... At least I'm getting educated now. Better late than never?*

I've also been making up for the slack of last month's workouts. I started a workout program through Gym Jones (online). The men in 300 were trained under this company, so I'm excited to see what I'll get out of it. So far, I've been abused in ways like 'row 5000m for time' or 'do 100 Turkish get-ups.' It can be brutal, and this is just the foundation month. But since I love working out, I'm happily sweating away in a small corner of the gym.

On top of studying anatomy every day, I'm also in Tokyo to brush up on my Chinese. It's been so difficult with the non-English speaking teachers we have, but it's already helped my speaking tremendously. Plus, living here for the month is amazing. I'd stay in the Navy if they gave me orders to Tokyo. Checked out Tokyo's gay pride this past weekend, and it was... packed. I was pleasantly surprised by the turn out, and I even ran into some people I knew from my home base.

Tokyo has also been great for meeting people. I get to play ultimate with an awesome team (Kuru) and a smattering of other super friendly, talented people. The people are kind, the food is delicious, and the women are beautiful. I just... don't know that I need anything else in life. Oh, maybe for some of those women to be gay. And to be fluent in Japanese. That would help.

I love Japan. I love this month.
-Jamie

*Not applicable for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment