Wednesday, April 9, 2014

How did I get here?

Music brought to you by ODESZA.

Wow, whirlwind week (say that a few times fast). For the last week of March, I was in Australia. Towards the end I realized my mom was having a retirement party on a date I was actually free. With my dad and sister, we organized a surprise for her.

I got back to Japan from Australia and hopped on a plane back to the states two days later. Spent the night with my sister, worked out with my dad the next morning, and surprised my mom at her school that afternoon. It was a beautiful moment; she grabbed me and squeezed my arms while looking me up and down to make sure I was really there. Then she cried, obviously.

So for the past few days I’ve been in Tennessee hanging out with my family. I got to meet my brother’s wife (absolutely lovely lady) and brand new baby girl. I saw some old friends, met some new ones, and ate comfortable American foods.

Didn’t focus very much on the project; I feel like that’s been gradually slipping since I don’t need it anymore. But I did learn something new almost every day- a few of which were debated hotly in the Fleshman household.

Overall, it was a lovely weekend; first time in four years that all the family was in one place. Crazy.

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment