Phew. What a wild month.
Let's just say... I let things happen this month. I gave in so fully to the 'lighten up' mentality that I lost a lot of sleep to hanging out, partying, and generally being... mildly irresponsible.
Maybe that's not what being light was about originally, but I did feel satisfied in all aspects of my life. And when I'm focused more on throwing caution to the wind and rolling with things as they come up, I'm less harsh to those around me. I was more forgiving of people and their life choices while I was 'getting weird' right alongside them.
There were some downs to this month though, yes. Some things got a little dramatic. When I hear the phrase 'perception is reality,' I tend to role my eyes. Not so much anymore. A few things were brought up to my leadership at work that were totally bogus, but because the perception was there, I ended up getting in trouble. The heat was on me for something I didn't do, which really bugged me. And because of it all, I feel like I lost a group of friends. This group helped take my mind off all the things I had been dealing with. I forgot my ex existed for basically an entire month. I feel they took me all the way through the breakup, essentially. I was fine before, but I'm like... the back-on-the-horse kind of fine now.
Anywho. The drama has passed now. Interestingly enough, all the partying and lightening up and being carefree all kind of came to a head here at the end of the month. So it was a nice slow build from the start of August to a crescendo in the middle, climax of drama just a few days ago, followed by a dissipation and dying down of the wildness at the end of August. I don't think I could have set that up more perfectly to match this project, actually. Hah, nice.
Good job, Universe.
Now I'm all set up to get into the month of September. I'm at 60 straight days of meditation, doing pushups and sit-ups in the morning, picking weekly quotes and songs, maintaining check lists, and focusing on all things positive.
From the beginning, my baseline of happiness was pretty solid. It feels higher already.
-Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment