Saturday, August 10, 2013

Radioactive

One wild week.

So last week, I thought, "Hey! I'm totally going to catch up on everything I'm falling behind on, I'll be great about my resolutions, and I'll keep to my checklists." That did not happen. I was busy having a blast.

Turns out, it's difficult to lighten up when you're constantly thinking about the things you have to do. So in order to fully explore this month's resolution, I realized I would just have to do what I can, when I can, and not focus on anything I have listed to do. Meditating at least once a day and doing my morning pushups and sit-ups have really been the only two constants for me this week. I still check things off lists and have my routines here and there, but I've slacked off on trying to manage everything.

Does this leave me feeling like life is a little more hectic? Yes. But do I spend more time being footloose and fancy-free? Absolutely.

We worked a ton this week, just like normal. But as soon as we were out of the office, I was off playing frisbee or volleyball, working out, cooking new foods, or partying hard with the group that's out here with us. I spent probably 70% of my awake time laughing or being happy. The other 30% doesn't mean I was unhappy or negative though.

Only one little thing snagged my week. Or big thing. Something happened that really made me think about my number one commandment: Be Jamie. I don't want to be the kind of Jamie that did what this Jamie did a few days ago. No, I'm not going to talk about it, but it definitely shook the foundations of a few morals I've held close for several years. Was I upset that it happened? Yes. Do I regret it? No.


Don't regret anything, man. There's no time for that.
I'm having a blast living life right now, and I don't expect that to change one bit any time soon.
-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment