Music by Christopher Norman.
Wow, I'm awful at patience. Definitely underestimated how bad at this I am. Maybe this should've had two months of focus.
Wait, I can still focus on it. Okay, that's what I'll do. Next month I'm cracking into that creativity nut, and with that, I will absolutely need to focus on patience at the same time. I'm thinking creativity is much like a muscle, and I'd like to spend the next month working that thing out. At the same time, it's not something you can force into existence, so I'll have to exercise patience with myself.
This month went by so fast. I barely had time to even think about patience, but I absolutely noticed it here in the past week or so. At work, I'm in charge of training some new people and for whatever reason, that brings out the worst traits of mine. When I learned the job, I attacked the qualification like a girl on a mission. I've always set the bar high for myself, so I have a hard time training people who may not think that way. It may be a reflection on younger generations and how it's a kind of 'you give me the answer since you know it, I don't need to look it up myself,' deal. Maybe not even generations, because some of the new people are older than I am... reflection on society I suppose. Everyone expects to be handed the information, memorize it rote style, then regurgitate it when someone quizzes them on it. While that works for a lot of jobs, it won't work here. In our job, we have to think outside of the box in case things get a little hairy. Not to get into it much though, I'll just say I need these trainees to step it up. But I should keep trying to exercise patience.
Seeing the other side of the coin is sometimes hard, when a person values something in particular.
-Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment