But really, there was a typhoon here, so we had to move north for avoidance. Because we only expected to be there a few days, I didn't bring my computer or anything. Then we had to push back the return date because a second typhoon formed.
However, that didn't stop me from working on creativity. In fact, I was able to return to my actual house where all my nice guitars live. So I spent hours and hours playing the guitar and writing music. I also got back into reading. So overall, it was a win for creativity.
I've also been diligent about my picture-a-day project. It's actually been fun thinking about what I could photograph to summarize my day or relay some kind of emotion for that day. I'll include a sample or two below. Maybe I should post all of these pictures collectively somewhere... Yeah, I should do that.
So for my birthday, my sister decided that every month for the next year, she'll send me a book via kindle that we can both read. It's our Sister Fun-Time Book Club. Last month's was a book by Jennifer Davis called Becoming Odyssa: Adventures on the Appalachian Trail. I've always kind of played with the idea of doing this hike. I have a giant book in my living room with the history of the AT laid out with pictures, and this will be the second book I've read about someone hiking it.
I'm toying with the idea even now that I should really do it... The more I think about it, the more possible it really becomes in my mind. I get out of the Navy in two years, what better way to sum up this huge life event than by marking it with another huge life event? Well, I'll keep thinking about it...
Here are some snaps from the past eight days:
10/1 - Ran the sea wall outside base. Neat scuba shack.
10/3 - For weather avoidance, got to go back home. It's autumn weather there.
10/5 - Delicious pumpkin shots from my favorite hookah bar up north, Karma('s).
10/7 - Adorable shoe lockers at a Japanese restaurant.
So there's just a sample of the pictures I've taken in the past week. I love this part of my project.
-Jamie




No comments:
Post a Comment