My iPod is jam-packed with new music. Lately, it just seems to be coming at me from everywhere. Every new person I meet or talk to seems to have a suggestion of things to listen to. Fine by me. Music is inspirational.
One such new artist is 16 year old Lorde. I didn't realize she was the one that sang 'Royals,' but she did and I even like that one. The point is, she's 16 and her lyrics catch my attention. To be so young and full of things to say, with a voice to say them... that's worth watching out for.
I have yet to complete a song that I've started writing all month. I've got about three with music or at least ideas of where to take them, but nothing is really sticking. Maybe I should take the writing outside my room and find somewhere inspirational to finish those up. The major hesitation for me seems to be that I feel like everyone has already said what I want to say. Therefore, why muck up the music world with more words of personal experience? Which leads me to want to say something about the human experience. Which leads to an overwhelming... sadness? I don't have anything to contribute, is what it comes down to in my brain.
Anyway, here are some picture from the past week:
10th - Busy all day, tried to spend some time writing though.
11th - Crew BBQ at midnight.
13th - This is how some people stay awake on night flights at work.
The picture taking continues to be a source of fun for this month. Maybe I'll keep it up throughout the coming months.
Side note- I've decided to hike the Appalachian Trail. It won't happen for about two to three years because I need to get out of the Navy first. But it's going to happen.
Have a lovely week, all.
-Jamie



No comments:
Post a Comment