Music by Wolf Saga.
Hold the phone!! Everyone, don't freak out, but... it's official. I am an investor.
When I read the Happiness Project, the author mentioned that every month, whatever she was focusing on was brought up externally (i.e. casually by a friend, coworker, the universe, etc.). Well it just so happens that that... happened. To me!
This month is all about finances and saving money, but finance is a topic avoided in most conversations. Imagine my surprise when the subject came up organically with a friend I've known for a few years. We often joke about her 'savings account' being money stashed under the mattress, but it turns out her sister's husband got her to invest this past year. And she's doing well. Thankfully, she was feeling generous enough to pass on her knowledge. I gave it a few days of thought before taking the leap of faith, but so far I'm happy with the results. I decided on a relatively low risk/low reward investment situation. Instead of investing in a single company, since I know almost nothing about this industry, I threw a chunk or two of change into accounts that are spread to the kind of middle-of-the-road companies. This theoretically gives me a more solid chance for healthy long-term growth.
Soooo excited right now. I feel like an adult... with real-live investments!
What is happening?!
-Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment